Thursday, May 16, 2013

And for This My Health and New Friends I am Grateful.....It is a Wonderful Life




I am happy and grateful to say I am out of the woods.  My Doctor started me again on a daily steroidal inhaler for my asthma which also acts as a 12 hour bronchodilator, this Monday.  I had been advised at the hospital last Friday, May 10, to return to see my primary care physician in three days. 

Luckily, I was able to get an ER appointment with her Nurse Practitioner, the great and only Kim, aka “P”.  She also prescribed me a Z pack, antibiotics, as I was losing my voice and having other unfortunate choking and expectorant symptoms and do have a history of going from a mild set of symptoms to full blown bronchitis in a day. 

On top of that, I was able to get an ER appointment with my allergist’s office, unfortunately and inexplicably to my, my 90 year old much loved allergist retired after having a stent put in his heart; those of whose who had been his patients for years waited three months for his decision as to whether he’d returned to work. 

I was due a checkup in March, but waited.  Alas, I got a letter from him, regrettably informing us he was hanging up his needles and such.

So, I had to see the new guy who may be about 30…or 20…or 40, I can’t tell anymore- everyone under 42, is an enigma to me now. 
But this guy turns out to be brilliant and as hyperactive and talky and into research and naturopathic stuff as me, so we got along splendidly – and he gave me many website referrals, as well as referrals for nutritional stuff, vitamins and sprays and such, unfortunately we also have similar handwriting, so I am trying to decipher it before I go to Sprouts, or perhaps I shall just ask the staff there as they talk naturopathy and Aruveydic, speaking of which, I’ve become over the last year quite the Aruveydic enthusiastic myself, having been turned onto it by medical practitioner, probably the smartest, most caring, efficient and meticulous Doctor I’ve had in my entire life.

I bet that is the longest sentence you’ve ever seen and so not good in writing, but I’m in a hurry and need to leave in 5 minutes.

So, thus, things are looking up.  And I know its cause I am looking up and I am thinking more clearly, becoming more honest with myself and taking better care of me: releasing myself from those things/people that are not good from me and trying to address past traumas that have caused me years of nightmares and PTSD.

It is my friends, a wonderful life and I plan to live and cherish every moment of it.  You too.  With love to my many friends, my old and new ones and to some of my old family and my newly found family. 

May the wind always be at your back and all that….I forget the rest.

1 comment: