Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tucson's Indigo & Olive in Casa Adobest Plaza

 


Indigo & Olive is a different kind of retail shop in Casa Adobes Plaza, on Oracle and Ina.  It has an eclectic mix of stuff for people, dogs and cats.  I popped in there today with my puppy, Finnegan, to check out new merchandise.  In the past  I’ve bought a great outdoor carpet, on sale as well as assorted gift and dog type items including a magnet and tee-shirt. 

The shop is pleasant and colorful; spa and rhythmic music lull you into a peaceful perusal.  They have lots of odds and ends to look at for the house, garden and your pets. 

I found Finn a West Paw (American made) toy duck that he was attracted to – or maybe I was.  I know dogs can see only two colors –blue and yellow- so I am partial to playthings he can see.  When we got home, he tossed it around, licked it, threw it and chomped on the tummy which holds the little honking mechanism, ad nausea.   He’s very smart. 

The owner, Lissa aka Elizabeth, gave him a Ziggie’s doggie chew bone with fruit ingredients and herbs, good for dental and oral health not to mention dealing with doggie breath.    They stock a wide variety of organic products.

It’s not the easiest place to find; it’s set in the back side of the mall, down a walkway, past the restaurant Sauce.  If you get a chance, stop in.  Good little place for gifts and such. 

I also like the new shop Whimsy, which has these great stretchy tank tops I use as camisoles, in an assortment of colors.  It’s near Maya Palace. 

By the way, both stores welcomed my shopping partner! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment